What is link tracking?
- What is link tracking?
When links within your email messages are clicked/opened by the recipient, you will get a notification in your browser. This process of getting the data is link tracking.
- How does link tracking work?
When link tracking is enabled, your links will be automatically masked with our tracking links. It will automatically redirect the user to the final destination URL hyperlinked by you. When any recipient clicks the masked URL, our server will be pinged and you will get the notification instantly.
- How to avoid spam filters? How to stay safe from spam filters while using link tracking?
Hiding the real destination of a linked message is a common tactic of what are known as phishing attacks where a wrong URL is hidden behind what appears to be a legitimate URL. Email spam filters may flag tracked links as spam due to this.
To reduce the chance of your email being flagged as spam by your filters, we recommend using descriptive links.
For example, use
- "[SalesHandy](http://www.saleshandy.com)" instead of www.saleshandy.com
- "[Mail Merge Campaign](https://www.saleshandy.com/send-mass-email/)" instead of https://www.saleshandy.com/send-mass-email/
- "[What is domain block list instead](http://help.saleshandy.com/mail-merge-with-auto-follow-up/what-is-domain-block-list-how-it-affects-the-mail-merge-campaign)" instead of http://help.saleshandy.com/mail-merge-with-auto-follow-up/what-is-domain-block-list-how-it-affects-the-mail-merge-campaign
On rare occasions, the recipient’s mail filters may flag link tracking enabled email as spam regardless of using descriptive links. These are additional best practices which will reduce the chances of your link tracked email being flagged as spam:
- Be sure to include your recipient’s email address in the To: field
- Ask your recipient to whitelist your email address in their spam filter
- Keep your email short and succinct
- Include the date in your email body
Things to avoid when drafting an email:
- Talking about winning or losing money
- Writing an email that looks like a mortgage pitch
- Words like "Money back guarantee"
- Words like "CLICK HERE! Or FREE! or DISCOUNT"
Note - If you send bulk emails, we recommend not to put too many links in your emails because it may reduce your email deliverability. If possible, turn off the link tracking in email campaigns so you can get better results.