How to set up custom tracking domain in your SalesHandy account?
The reputation of Domain links plays a vital role in email deliverability, whether your email will go into your recipient's spam folder or primary inbox. This feature lets user setup custom domain with SalesHandy.
Custom domain links can be used for:
- Unsubscribe link: for users who wish to opt-out from an email campaign
- Email Open tracking
- Link Click tracking: for the links in your emails
Link your tracking domain ex. https://track.mydomain.com with SalesHandy app.
The user can track opens and clicks with his own custom tracking domain to improve email deliverability.
Why should you setup up a custom tracking domain?
It allows your domain to establish its own reputation with email receivers. Using a custom tracking domain, you can isolate yourself and ensure higher deliverability. Additionally, your emails will be branded around your organization, not the email service provider or SalesHandy.
Steps to create a tracking sub-domain and set up a CNAME DNS record.
- Log into your account where your domain is hosted.
- Go to DNS manager.
- Create a new CNAME record using below-mentioned details.
- Put trk in the Host field.
- Put custom.saleshandy.com in Points to/Value field.
- Choose default option in TTL and save it.
Please note that DNS settings and above steps may vary depending upon what domain host you're using. You can refer to below articles for more info:
- Click here if your domain host is GoDaddy.
- Click here if your domain host is NameCheap.
- Click here if your domain host is Bluehost.
- Click here if your domain host is Cloudflare.
- Click here if your domain host is Hostgator.
Note: It takes some time for the DNS (Domain Name System) to update the settings for your domain. DNS may take longer to update your settings. The waiting time varies from a few minutes up to 72 hours (in extreme cases).
How to set up a custom domain in your SalesHandy profile.
Go to your SalesHandy web-app>> Settings >> Custom domain >> New
- Enter your custom domain for Email Open, Link Click, Unsubscribe events. (For example, it should be trk.saleshandy.com if the domain is saleshandy.com and so write it accordingly).
- Click on the 'Test' button to check if the domain is working.
Note: If tracking address doesn't recognize, then it means the DNS didn't yet updated, to include your domain's new settings. Please wait for an hour more and then try again.
- If the DNS is working, then you will get the success notification. Then click on the 'Save' button to save the custom tracking domains.
- Once you save the custom tracking domain in the Settings > Custom Domain section, then you need to go your Settings > Email Accounts page, and there you need to link your saved custom tracking domain with your email account.
- Click on particular email account >> Edit, and there you will find Custom Domain tracking dropdown
- Select the respective domain for the email account.
- Then Click on Test & Save.
Please reach support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find any difficulties setting it up or if you have any question about how it works.