How to set up custom tracking domain in your SalesHandy account?
The reputation of Domain links plays a vital role in email deliverability, whether your email will go into your recipient's spam folder or primary inbox. This feature lets user setup custom domain with SalesHandy.
Custom domain links can be used for:
- Unsubscribe link: for users who wish to opt-out from an email campaign
- Email Open Tracking.
- Link Click tracking: for the links in your emails
Link your tracking domain ex. https://track.mydomain.com with SalesHandy app.
The user can track opens and clicks with his own custom tracking domain to improve email deliverability.
Why should you setup up a custom tracking domain?
It allows your domain to establish its own reputation with email receivers. Using a custom tracking domain, you can isolate yourself and ensure higher deliverability. Additionally, your emails will be branded around your organization, not the email service provider or SalesHandy.
Steps to create a tracking sub-domain and set up a CNAME DNS record.
- Log into your account where your domain is hosted.
- Go to DNS manager.
- Create a new CNAME record using below-mentioned details.
- Put trk in the Host field.
- Put custom.saleshandy.com in Points to/Value field.
- Choose default option in TTL and save it.
Please note that DNS settings and above steps may vary depending upon what domain host you're using. You can refer to below articles for more info:
- Click here if your domain host is GoDaddy.
- Click here if your domain host is NameCheap.
- Click here if your domain host is Bluehost.
- Click here if your domain host is Cloudflare.
- Click here if your domain host is Hostgator.
How to set up a custom domain in your SalesHandy profile?
- Go to your SalesHandy web-app>> Settings >> Email Accounts.
- Click on Setup Custom Domain beside the respective email address you want to set.
- Click on Domains and URLs.
- Enter your custom domain. (For example, it should be trk.saleshandy.com if the domain is saleshandy.com and so write it accordingly).
- Click on Settings option to set it for Link Tracking and Unsubscribe Links.
- Click on the Test button to check if the domain is working.
- Click on the 'Save' button to save the custom tracking domains.
If you need live assistance in setting up the custom domain, please schedule a call with our Email Deliverability Expert.