How to use an alias email account with SalesHandy?
SalesHandy allows users to use an alias email account in email tracking and email campaign. Please follow the below instructions to use an alias email with SalesHandy.
Using an alias email account to send email campaigns:
To send email campaigns from an alias email account, you first need to connect the alias email account with SalesHandy. An alias email account can be connected through the SMTP method, as shown below.
- Log into your SalesHandy account and navigate to the Email Accounts tab under Settings.
- Click Add Account button top right, choose the "Other Provider (SMTP)" option in the pop-up & hit the Continue button.
- You will be asked to enter the details of the email address that you wish to connect to.
- First, choose your email service provider from the dropdown menu and then enter the alias email address in the Email Address field.
- Enter the sender name that you'd like to display to your recipient.
- In the Email Account password field, enter the password of your actual email account in which you have configured this alias email address.
- Expand the advance options and enter the actual email in the Username field (The email in which you have configured the alias email account).
- Once you're done with entering all the details, click Connect button to save it.
- That's it. Your alias email is connected, and you can start sending email campaigns using it.
NOTE: You may get an SMTP error while connecting your alias email through the SMTP method due to the below-mentioned reasons:
- The SMTP settings are incorrect.
- The password entered is incorrect.
- The email account has 2-factor authentication enabled (SMTP connection doesn't work if the email account has an additional layer of authentication).
If the issue persists, we suggest creating an app password for this email account and using that password while connecting it through SMTP. You can refer to point #3 in this article to learn how you can create app passwords.
Using an alias email with our Gmail extension:
If you wish to send emails using an alias email address that is configured in a different Gmail account, you need to activate our Gmail plugin and any emails that you send using the alias email will be tracked and reflected under your primary Gmail account that you used to activate the plugin. (For example, [email protected] is an alias email that is configured in [email protected] mailbox, which is a Gmail account. If I activate the Gmail plugin with ravi@saleshandy, I shall be able to send 1:1 emails using both [email protected] & [email protected]). All the emails will be tracked and recorded under your SalesHandy account associated with the [email protected] email.
Using an alias email with our Outlook add-in:
Our Outlook plugin tracks all the emails that you send from your desktop-based Outlook app where our plugin is installed. SalesHandy will register all those emails under your SalesHandy account that you used to log into the Outlook plugin. It doesn't matter how many email accounts or what email type you have configured in your Outlook. The plugin tracks all the emails you send from your Outlook.