How to deal with 'SMTP could not authenticate' error?
If you ever get an error message in our web-app stating ' SMTP Error: Could not authenticate', this could happen due to the following reasons:
1. You might have entered the wrong credentials.
- Email address and user name should be the same.
- Use the same password as that of your mailbox.
2. You might have provided the wrong account settings.
- Confirm your SMTP server address, TLS Port number and SSL Port number from your Email Service Provider and enter accordingly.
3. If you still receive the error and updating the correct settings, then one of the following issues might have occurred:
- Your Email Service Provider might not be allowing a third-party application to connect.
- Your Email Service Provider might have geographical limitation/restriction.
In case of any other issue, please contact your Email Service provider for the detailed account settings and other limitations.