How to fix 'SMTP could not authenticate' error?
While connecting your email account through the SMTP method, you may encounter SMTP Error: Could not authenticate error.
1. You might have entered the wrong email credentials.
- In most cases, the Email address and Username should be the same.
- Use the same password that you use while logging into your email inbox.
2. You might have the wrong SMTP settings.
- Confirm your SMTP server address, TLS Port number, or SSL Port number with your email service provider and use the correct SMTP settings.
3. Your email account has multi-factor authentication enabled:
SMTP connection can't be established If you have turned on the 2-factor authentication for your email account so you either need to turn it off or generate an app password for your email account. That app password can be used in your SalesHandy account to connect the email account via SMTP method. Many email providers allow users to generate an app-specific password and every email service provider has different methods of creating app passwords. Please follow the below articles to know the steps of generating app passwords (Application-Specific Passwords) as per your email provider. Please note that you need to use the generated password while connecting your email account with SalesHandy.
- Click here to know how the app password is generated in Gmail.
- Click here to know how the app password is generated in Yahoo mail.
- Click here to know how the app password is generated in Zoho mail.
- Click here to know how the app password is generated in Yandex mail.
4. The SMTP connection is disabled by your email service provider.
Although it happens rarely, sometimes, the email providers keep the SMTP connection disabled so it can't be connected via the SMTP method. In that case, users are requested to reach out to their email service provider to get SMTP enabled.