What is link tracking?
When links within your email messages are clicked/opened by the recipient, you will get a notification in your browser. This way link tracking enables you to see what content your prospects are interested.
How link tracking works?
When link tracking is enabled, your links will be automatically masked with SalesHandy's tracking links. It will automatically redirect to the final destination URL hyperlinked by you. This way when any recipient clicks the masked URL, SalesHandy's server will be pinged and you will get the notification instantly.
How to avoid spam filters? How to stay safe from spam filters while using link tracking?
Hiding the real destination of a linked message is a common tactic of what are known as phishing attacks where a wrong URL is hidden behind what appears to be a legitimate URL. For this reason, some email spam filters may flag tracked links as spam.
To reduce the chance of your link tracking enabled email being flagged as spam by your recipient's email filters, we recommend using descriptive links.
For example, use
- "SalesHandy" instead of www.saleshandy.com
- "Mail Merge Campaign" instead of https://www.saleshandy.com/send-mass-email/
- "What is domain block list instead" instead of http://help.saleshandy.com/mail-merge-with-auto-follow-up/what-is-domain-block-list-how-it-affects-the-mail-merge-campaign
On rare occasions, the recipient’s mail filters may flag link tracking enabled email as spam regardless of using descriptive links. These are additional best practices which will reduce the chances of your link tracked email being flagged as spam:
- Be sure to include your recipient’s email address in the To: field
- Ask your recipient to whitelist your email address in their spam filter
- Keep your email short and succinct
- Include the date in your email body
Things to avoid when drafting an email:
- Talks about lots of money
- Looks like mortgage pitch
- Contains urgent matter
- Money back guarantee
- CLICK HERE! Or FREE! or DISCOUNT
If, after taking these steps, your link tracking enabled email continues to be flagged as spam, submit a support request here: firstname.lastname@example.org